Why Changing Your Long Term Care Pharmacy Provider Doesn't Have to be That Difficult
Many Administrators and Executive Directors consider a change in pharmacy to be stressful, thus why many facilities are content with putting up with a sub-par vendor.
There are certain things LTC Pharmacies must offer their clients to ensure a smooth transition. Here’s a list of some of our most important ones:
- A transition team that will begin talking with your staff very early in the process and will learn your needs before pushing their solutions.
- A detailed implementation plan before anything happens so there are no surprises.
- General Systems In-Service to go over pharmacy operating procedures for all nursing staff.
- The Pharmacy should gain access to EHR Software or acquire copies of PO sheets, MARs, face sheets, etc.
- Thorough auditing of the changeover procedures as they happen, to ensure that there are no problems with medication, documentation, or billing.
- Pharmacy phone support whenever you need it.
There’s no reason to put up with a sub-par pharmacy. Your staff and your patients deserve a pharmacy that caters to their needs. This has to be done from the very first day, and we know how to do it. If you are thinking about switching, ask potential vendors what their changeover procedures are. Do they give you peace of mind?